Who will love this job
- An organizer – You clean the office for fun, your desk has everything in its correct place, and you are supremely skilled in managing, arranging, and organizing.
- A numbers fanatic – Some know you as a Sudoku expert. In a professional setting, you love working with numbers and ensuring the finances are being handled effectively.
- A planner – Your calendar is color-coded and perpetually up-to-date, you have a knack for thinking ahead, and you are skilled at planning a budget.
- A leader – You rise to the occasion within leadership roles and have the ability to delegate tasks, think strategically, and plan long-term goals.
Individual Contributor or Manager/Mentor
- Individual contributor or manager/mentor – We are interested in people who want to be individual Accounting Volunteers. We are also interested in those who want to volunteer AND mentor/manage interns. Both are possibilities, and it is up to you to decide which path you’re more interested in.
- Optional: A mentor – You value the opportunity to pour into younger colleagues by coaching and leading them to reach their full potential.
What you will do
- Oversee budget and financial management.
- Help us become compliant with charitable solicitation laws to accept donations from various states.
- Help keep track of monetary and in-kind contributions as well as expenses in accounting software.
- Optional: Work one-on-one with accounting interns, assigning them tasks and coaching them through their roles. Volunteers will regularly communicate with interns via video calls.
What you should have
- An in-depth knowledge of bookkeeping, auditing, and budgeting procedures (or a willingness to learn).
- An understanding of federal and state tax laws (or a willingness to learn).
- Motivation to set goals and deadlines and the tenacity to hit them.
- Optional: A spirit of mentorship that gives helpful feedback and enjoys developing the interns’ accounting and professional skills.
Pay, perks, and such
This volunteer position is unpaid in a monetary sense, but the team believes that Theology Impact presents a unique opportunity to use your skills and passions for a good cause that furthers God’s kingdom. We all work 100% remote embracing today’s digital age. In day-to-day work, it is a position that encourages freedom to develop and run with ideas that you yourself come up with, as well as the possibility of coaching others to implement these ideas. Additionally, if you chose to mentor interns, this is a great opportunity to help others develop their professional skills.
Sorry – this position is not open at this time.